The “What is Recovery?” project has been underway since August 2010 because there was currently no agreement about the definition of ‘recovery’ from alcohol and drug problems. The “What is Recovery” organization came up with this short list:
- Recovery is being honest with myself.
- Recovery is being able to enjoy life without drinking or using drugs like I used to.
- Recovery is living a life that contributes to society, to your family or to your betterment.
- Recovery is being the kind of person that people can count on.
- Recovery is about giving back.
- Recovery is striving to be consistent with my beliefs & values in activities that take up the major part of my time & energy.
Admissions & Marketing Manager