Mental Health Awareness Week
Today starts the week-long event known as, Mental Health Awareness Week. Mental Health Awareness Week takes place every year during the first full week of October. During this week, mental health advocates and organizations join together to sponsor events to promote community outreach and education regarding mental illnesses. Some examples of mental health illnesses include:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Bipolar and Related Disorders
- Depressive Disorders
- Disruptive, Impulse Control, and Conduct Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders
- Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders
- Trauma and Stressor-Related Disorders
Mental health events, community outreach, and education are an important reminder of the stigma toward people are diagnosed with mental illness.
Pass the word and let’s work together on eliminating the stigma around mental health!