Code of Ethics
We were created with and are driven by our code of ethics. It is our compass when providing careful, intentional treatment to our clients.
- Jaywalker does not engage in any form of misleading or deceptive practices in its online marketing, public relations, advertising, or collateral promotional materials. Further, we will not participate as an advertiser on “funnel” websites, bogus treatment directory sites, or so-called “rehab reviews” which misrepresent their objectivity to users or readers.
- Jaywalker Lodge does not make or receive any financial payment or remuneration for patient referrals. Further, Jaywalker does not support or refer to any other programs which engage in these practices.
- We encourage clients, families and referents to visit our program in person in order to see our facilities up close and to experience the vitality and spirit of our community for themselves. Simply put: The closer you look, the better we look.
- We do not admit clients who are not clinically appropriate for our milieu. We recognize the limitations of our model of care and we consistently refer clients and families who are not appropriate to other programs.
- The decision to atypically discharge a client from our care is a clinical determination made solely on the basis of what is best for that client and for the community as a whole. Ultimately, we will always place the safety and wellbeing of our client community above the wants or needs of any individual within it.
- In the event a client leaves treatment early from any Jaywalker program for any reason, we will prorate and refund the unused balance of all pre-paid tuition, minus an administrative fee which is equivalent to 10 days of tuition.
- We do not believe in a la carte pricing, add-on’s or nickel-and-diming our guarantors. Fees for services are all-inclusive and always include greater, not less, value and services than advertised.
- Jaywalker believes a community of sober men operates best in a culture of abundance. Good healthy food; clean and well-maintained vehicles; immaculate facilities. We treat our clients and their families with dignity and respect at all times.
- At Jaywalker, marketing is fundamentally about providing exposure for our programs and services to families, professionals, and prospective clients. We strive to accurately convey the day-to-day activities of our treatment center. We do not contrive our brand, we reveal our community.
- We do not exploit patient privacy by using video or photographic images of our clients to promote our program. The image, likeness or personal testimonials of former clients may be used after a client has been discharged from our program for six months or longer; but only with the prior written permission of those individuals.